Friday, April 17, 2009

Saint Anthony must know a lot about us

Catholics know that when you really need to find something, like your car keys or that library book that was due last week, you say a quick prayer to Saint Anthony. I don't know how he became the patron saint of lost items, but I do know that he's helped me more than once.

I think I've used Google to find a few things too, what like maybe a million times since last Thursday, but they still haven't found my car keys. Who knows, maybe they're working on that too.

So where Saint Anthony knows what we've lost, Google, and other sites like it, really know what we're looking for. Google Trends is a perfect example. Take a bunch of search data and compare it to industry trends like car sales, home purchases, and such -- and voila, you can, as they say predict the present. Kudos to Google for doing the analysis and sharing the data!

No comments: