Thursday, June 10, 2021

New doctor, same good story

We met yesterday for the first time with my new cardiologist, Dr. Ari Cedars, at Johns Hopkins Hospital. This was my annual checkup, complete as usual with an echocardiogram and time sitting in little kids chairs since this is, after all, pediatric cardiology.

Ann Marie and I both very much like Dr. Cedars. He's energetic, positive, deeply knowledgeable, and had thoroughly read my history.  We are quite encouraged that things remain stable. With luck, my aortic valve may last me for the rest of my life (the goal of the Ross procedure), which would be awesome. The pulmonary valve I received in 2014 won't last as long, but so far, so good.

Oh, I also ran my hospital stairs test like I've done in previous years. Sprint up as many floors as possible before I'm thoroughly out of breath. I made it the equivalent of 9.3 residential staircases, or 112 steps. I do believe I made it to the equivalent of 12 flights last year, which, if correct, is admittedly a little disappointing. I want another shot at it!  (I'll post an update here if I do :)

Thanks for reading!

No comments: