Thursday, October 2, 2008

Random things from a phone call

I just spent some time on the phone with my sister, Carolyn, and some things came up in conversation that I thought I'd share with everyone. Basically it's stuff I never blogged about cuz, well, it didn't occur to me at the time :-)
  • The breathing tube didn't give me much of a sore throat
  • Recovery overall has actually been pretty easy; The rough spots all seem pretty surmountable, and if I can't fix them time tends to
  • It'll be about a month before I see my surgeon for a checkup
  • My heart's "perfect condition" for the Ross procedure was mostly a happy coincidence, and less attributed to my exercise or eating properly in past years; This is something no-one knew until surgery began
  • Assuming all goes well, I'll have no restrictions after about 3 months; scuba diving, skydiving, motorcycle racing, stock trading, whatever!
  • I'm walking a bit each day, not too fast yet, but looking for some new scenery already
  • I've been told I look "pretty normal" since surgery, whether hours or days afterward; I guess "pretty normal" is good enough for me
  • I was very very lucky to have Ann Marie, my Mom, stepdad, mother-in-law, and sister-in-law with me in the hours after surgery; I can't say I remember every moment, but those that I do remember were wonderful and funny too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A lucky man indeed !!!!!


BillB