Friday, July 18, 2014

Easy day today

I felt good today, but was still tired from little sleep at hospital, plus from anesthesia I suppose. Thought I might work the afternoon, but decided to take it easy.

I have a few small sore spots on my skin, one from laying on my back for 36 hours. The others from removal of incredibly sticky tape (IVs, other equipment).

All in all it's pretty amazing though. To be able to get a heart valve in this simple way is so great.

Napped this morning, then had Luke, Nika, and Eddie drop me in Silver Spring for a movie at the American Film Institute (they were going to College Park). I'm on the bus home now as I write this :-)

Still need to post the cool xray I mentioned. Just having technical issue with Blogger app on this phone.

1 comment:

Barb said...

Love hearing details, Chris. So good of you to share! Thanks! Yes, very glad you don't have to lay in bed for days and days. Then there are other complications. Amazing to think of you up and about so quickly. Take care and thanks to AM and kids for taking such good care of you too!!