Sunday, September 28, 2008

Perception

Well I've been up since about 5am after getting my vital signs checked (routine) and asking for the much-sought-after Milk of Magnesia.  That, together with prune juice last night (yuck), and walking about 1/4 mile will hopefully get things moving since the anesthesia, pain meds, and other factors have basically put those parts of me to sleep.  And while I could say "I'll be sure to share all the details as they happen today", something tells me most of you would want to Depend on me keeping the Serenity, Pampering you with other stories, and plenty of Huggies next time we see one another :)

Seriously, though, with recent blog comments you might expect that I'm looking like my usual self.  You should see me shuffling slowly through the hall in my slippers and robe, sipping my prune juice and wearing my seriously out of fashion eyeglasses for purely practical reasons.  You should hear the silly questions I've asked my nurses late at night, and the help I've had to ask for.   Heck there's even a patient here who learned just 4 weeks ago that she'd needed this same surgery, and with a few days more recovery than me makes her scar look like no big deal.  

Well I'm off to take a rest now. It's amazing how just a little 
activity can tire me out! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris, glad you're moving around so well. Another movement or two and you'll be good to go. ;-)
The rain finally took a break yesterday evening, so after dinner we headed down to the Annapolis Ice Cream Company for a scoop and a quick stroll by the docks.
We saw a 10 year old kid do a masterful job of turning his Dad's boat around on Ego Alley. Some guys on a really large boat (not being a mariner, I believe the word for really large boat is yacht) yelled out "way to go, kid! You can do mine tomorrow".
There was also a really inebriated couple trying to find their car. (I hope they never found it). There was another couple trying to help the inebriated couple. Hopefully they helped them find a cab.

Dave said...

Heh, I'll take a pass on the gory details. I'm impressed that you're up and moving around so quickly. Keep up the good work!