Friday, September 26, 2008

Sounds like he had a good night!

It was great to spend hours with Chris after his surgery yesterday! He looked much better than I expected - looking liking his regular self, just with a little extra tubage :) Chris seemed to be tolerating the vent - the part he was least looking forward to in all of this. Though he couldn't talk, and his arms were constrained until the vent comes out, he did a great - and very patient - job communicating with me by spelling things out with his finger on the sheets. He is a remarkable guy - making me laugh, even while in the CCICU!

I stayed as long as they would let me last night - finally getting the boot at 9:40pm. He was going to sleep when I left, with pictures of the kids taped to his bedside, and ear plugs in his ears. He was sleeping peacefully at 11:30pm when I called to check on him. Then I did the same.

At 6:15 this morning, I was so happy to be told that he was extubated last night. He was apparently comfortably listening to his MP3 when I called. I can't wait to see him this morning. I expect he will be much more comfortable today without that tube in - and having free movement of his arms!

Gotta get ready to get on the road. More later...

6 comments:

Joy said...

Thanks for keeping us up-to-date AM :)
Glad to hear that Chris is doing well. Contantly thinking about all of you - joy

Anonymous said...

Ann Marie - This is wonderful news! I am keeping you, Chris and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

--Becca Weidemann

Anonymous said...

AM, that's awesome. I remember Chris mentioning the tubes and that seemed to be the only part that he was not looking forward to. Glad to hear that the tube's out so soon. Tell Chris I said hello. (Had my first IT help request last night from Nika. Only had a small moment of panic trying to remember my password, but all is ok now).

maggy said...

That's Great News!
Maggy

Jake Jacobson said...

Ann Marie - This is such great news. Let Chris know my prayers and thoughts are with him. Work is not the same without his smiling face and enthusiasm for maps.

Unknown said...

Thanks as well for the updates - Wonderful news! You all continue to be in our thoughts and prayers.
- Lazzaros