Monday, October 19, 2009

Cautiously Very Optimistic

It's wonderful knowing that people are thinking of me whenever I hear the words "so, how are you feeling"? But it's also a sign that I haven't blogged recently!

In short, I've been feeling great, and am just starting to explore what exercise feels like. Tonight I mowed half of our back yard (push mower, not self-propelled) for about 25 minutes total. A few weeks ago I mowed the same area and had to pause about once per minute, and stop to sit about every 10 minutes. I feel so much better than that now, the relief is wonderful. I even find myself running up the stairs at home and work, which is much more like me :-)

Oh, and yes I am healing from the catheters inserted into each of my upper thighs. The right one was about the diameter of a drinking straw, which is painful to think about but has resulted in only a bit of bruising. Fortunately the soreness in my legs largely doesn't affect me, just changing slightly how I might sit or lay down. I suspect that'll be gone in a week or two.

As we get into November I'll have a better sense of where I'm at. I'll start back on the treadmill, which has been the best way to measure myself, and see how I do. It would be awesome if I can pick up where I left off last winter! I'll also have a checkup in about 2 weeks, including an echocardiogram, so we'll see if the equipment agrees with how I'm feeling.

So, call it cautiously very optimistic!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YIPPEE!!! so glad to hear how u r doing!

maggy