Sunday, October 11, 2009

The next 4 weeks

Funny, I just woke up and was laying here wondering what's on tap for
the day. And then I remembered, oh yeah, I just returned from the
hospital. Something tells me that's a good sign :-)

Got up, checked the kids, grabbed my MP3 player, and came back to bed.
No soreness in my legs to speak of, despite having a catheter in each
- one was the diameter of a drinking straw, I'm told! My shoulders are
a tiny bit sore, like when I go to long without exercise. But this is
from having them above my head for most of the procedure, necessary so
the imaging machines could keep an eye on things from the side since
the sternum otherwise blocks their view.

So, for the next week I'll be taking it easy, walking a lot,
especially on idyllic autumn days like today is shaping up to be. I
can drive, work, and eat regular foods, just nothing that will put too
much stress on my legs which they tell me heal from the inside out.

For the balance of the month I can exercise, just nothing too vigorous
and nothing that could impact my chest. So, frisbee, tennis, running,
and paved trail biking are in. I'll hold off on mountain & road
biking, go karting, and weight lifting until November.

Assuming my 3 week checkup goes well, I'll finally be able to really
get back in shape. I must say I'm psyched for that!

1 comment:

Tamarie said...

Great to hear that you're up and around!