Saturday, October 10, 2009

Goodness

People are often surprised that I tend to sleep _better_ when I'm away
from home. It's not that I don't like my own bed, it's just the sense
of being surrounded by unfinished chores. When we're away, especially
on vacation, there's no gutters to fix, screens to replace, computers
to manage, etc. I still get a good 7 hours, mind you, but after that
I'm up and at it.

But I must say I surprised myself when I slept great in my hospital
room last night! I was up at 2 and 5 for the nurse, but otherwise was
blissfully asleep from 11pm until 8:30 this morning. Awesome!

To add to the goodness, I just got my discharge approval, my IV
removed, and the EKG monitor off. I'm a free man! Time to get cleaned
up and wait for my ride.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good news to know you are going home! You certainly faced this issue well so will be back to speed in no time. Nice to know I can check up on you in person in less than two weeks. Love, Mar

Anonymous said...

awesome!

now for a really important question...can u eat chocolate?!?

maggy