Friday, October 9, 2009

Resting now, walking soon

Hello all ... Chris here. Just finished a nice visit with my Mom and
stepdad. I hope I'm able to drive 5 hours roundtrip when I'm 80! I
guess no matter how old you are you always want check up on your kids!

The procedure went well, though Dr Ringel quickly determined that the
balloon alone would not do the trick. This means we went to "step 2",
a stainless steel stent 17.5 mm in diameter and about 35 mm long. That
is slightly smaller in diameter than normal, but offer plenty of
bloodflow to the lungs. This also means I effectively have no
pulmonary valve, which still blows my mind! Again, being able to do
this depends on healthy lungs, so good thing the only I ever smoked
were my tires!

I'm resting fine, just looking forward to walking. They have me laying
down so I don't injure my legs where the 2 catheters were inserted. No
pain to speak of, which I'm liking!

Ann Marie is back. Must visit with her now! More later.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great to hear from you...As always we're thinking of you for another speedy recover!

Unknown said...

Chris,

Glad all went well! Lots of prayers! Sounds like you're doing well. Yes, so glad for your good health & youth! Great Mom & Bill & Mrs. Gawry were able to come out & help/visit. Take care. We love you!! Patty, chip & all